Friday, January 6, 2017

TWG New York Breakfast Tea

Happy New Year!! I hope everyone received some great teas for Christmas! My sister Erica surprised me with 4 different teas I had never tried before, and my friend Kathy gave me 3 black teas from Murchies (again, teas that I have never tried before). Tasting new teas makes me so happy, yay!

 Today I'm starting with a fancy one my sister gave me, New York Breakfast Tea by TWG Tea.  I've been to the TWG store in Vancouver (which is their ONLY Canadian location) and was overwhelmed by the variety of their teas and amazed by their packaging (I'm a sucker for fancy packaging).





Seriously...how cool is this?!?! It's a 100-gram tin in a matching box, and it comes with a little booklet which tells you about the company and its "haute couture" tea collection.

(they also do "afternoon tea", breakfast, all-day food, and even alcoholic bevvies - check out the menu here )

I've had another of their teas, 1837 Black Tea, which was *amazing*, so I was expecting this New York Breakfast Tea to be great as well.

I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!! The description from the website says:

"A contemporary masterpiece evocative of the sparkling city that never sleeps, this extraordinary black tea is an inviting whole-leaf Assam blended with rich and malty sweetness. A tea to savour from morning ‘til far into the night."

The ingredients in this are simply black tea and cocoa husks - simple, nothing bad, no chemicals. It has a strong malty flavour, which is the Assam tea, and the cocoa husks give it a nice burst of chocolate, but without being overpowering or fake-sweet.

This tea is a bit pricey ($40 for 100g), so it's not an every day tea for me (I'd go through it far too quickly, ha ha!), so it will become my "weekend" tea and I'll be able to enjoy it for quite a while to come.

Overall rating: 10/10!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...