Tuesday, October 11, 2011

T2 French Earl Grey

Now *this* tea was quite a nice surprise, because I came home from work to find a parcel waiting for me! It was a box of French Earl Grey tea from T2, an Australian tea store. My cousin Ann in Australia sent it to me after reading my blog, and discovering that I love Earl Grey teas. She said that her favourite tea used to be the Twinings Lady Grey (just like me), but that since trying this French Earl Grey, she is now a convert to it. Nothing piques my interest more than hearing a story like this, so I opened up the box right away and cut into the plastic bag containing the tea bags.

What an aroma!!!! It was so sweet and fruity, I made myself a cup almost immediately (had to e-mail Ann first to say thank you!). I love the smell of this so much, I would wear it as a perfume or body lotion, if they could make one with this scent, it's just incredible. I then e-mailed my tea-loving friend, Anni, to tell her all about it, and that I would bring some tea bags to share with her at work the next day. Can we say "excited"?

I added some milk and sugar to my cup and the only way I can describe it is that there was a flavour explosion in my mouth. It was light, fruity, refreshing, pretty much everything I could want in a tea. Needless to say, I've already checked out the website, and they do ship to Canada (and shipping charges are quite reasonable!) so I might be placing an order for myself in the near future. And if I ever get the chance to visit Australia, I'll be taking along an extra bag just for the tea shopping I'll be doing!

2 comments:

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...