Monday, October 10, 2011

Silk Road Ruby Pagoda

Next up is Ruby Pagoda
Rekindle the soul
Flavour profile: a lively and seductive potion
Ingredients: rooibos, hibiscus flowers, rosehips,
rose petals, citrus peel, pink peppercorns
Opening the tin, this tea smells faintly fruity, and it looks pretty with the pink flower bits in it. I steeped it for 7 minutes at 100 degrees, and the brewed tea has that mildly burnt smell that Rooibos tea has.

Hmmm...the only flavour I can taste in this is the hibiscus. The aftertaste has the Rooibos flavour, which to me always tastes a little burnt. Very tart and astringent. All in all, I'm underwhelmed by this tea, and I'm glad that I only have a small tin of this, as it won't take me long to go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...