Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vampire Voodoo

I was looking around the Teastore website and placed a small order to try out some of their teas. They're a Canadian store with two locations, Ottawa and Kingston. They've got quite the extensive list of teas, and what caught my eye was their list of Holiday "Hallows Eve Blends". From that list, I picked Vampire Voodoo and Witches Brew, just because the names sounded intriguing. This morning I tried the Vampire Voodoo, and it's a yummy blend of fruity flavours. The ingredients listed are cranberry, apple, orange, vanilla, and cardamon. It was a bit tart, so I added a sugar cube to take the edge of the tartness away, but overall it's a really nice herbal blend.

My only complaint is that the teas have no steeping instructions, so I went with my standard 5 minutes at 100 degrees for herbal brews.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Brewing instructions would have been nice but your a pro - you know better than most people about brewing times :-)

    ReplyDelete

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...