Monday, October 10, 2011

Silk Road Casablanca

Silk Road is a retail store and spa located in downtown Victoria, in our historic Chinatown district. They are known throughout the city for their teas, and I went on a bit of a shopping spree there on my birthday(!!!). One side of their store is just tea. They have their teas organized according to type, on shelves along the wall, and (what I *really* like) you serve yourself! First, you choose the container you want, ranging from really small to fairly big, and fill it up with the tea that you want. They have stickers for each type of tea, which you put on the lid of your container, and stickers for brewing instructions as well. I really like this because you don't have to wait in line while a staff member does it for you (like at Teaopia and DavidsTea). I bought several mini tins of tea, and I've been trying them out since then. The first one I tried was Casablanca
Moroccan Oasis
Flavour profile: a taste sensation of sweet spearmint & intense green tea
Ingredients: Chinese green tea, spearmint leaves
This tea is delicious! Spearmint is one of my favourite ingredients, and it's perfect - not overpowering at all. The green tea itself is refreshing, no bitterness or astringency at all. It even travelled well to work in my stainless steel thermos. Usually green teas don't taste very good after they've been in the thermos, but this one kept its flavour really well.

Very impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...