Monday, October 10, 2011

Silk Road Sublime

The next tea in my Silk Road list is Sublime
Monk’s Elixir
Flavour profile: green tea with a rejuvenating lime & lemongrass twist
Ingredients: Chinese green tea, lemongrass, citrus & lime extracts
When I open the tin, this tea smells delightfully lemony. I know I'll enjoy anything with lemongrass added to it. I steeped this for 2 minutes at 80 degrees and it's a nice pale yellow/green colour. The flavour is crisp, lemony, and very refreshing. The lemon flavour is neither weak nor overpowering, it's just perfect! This also works well for me as a cold tea. Not an iced tea, mind you, just a room temperature/cold tea. This one, unfortunately, did not travel well in the stainless steel thermos to work, as I found it lost its flavour after being in the thermos. Boo! I guess this one will have to be enjoyed at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...