Monday, September 12, 2011

DavidsTea Pumpkin Chai

DavidsTea has just brought out its new Fall Collection, which consists of Pumpkin Chai, Buttercream, Caramel Spice, Copabanana, and Mom's Apple Pie. Tonight I decided to try the Pumpkin Chai, because it felt like a cool autumn night.

From the label:
This autumn treat has it all. Add a little steamed milk and a spoonful of brown sugar for maximum mmm!

I opened the bag to scoop out the tea, and WOW!!! The smell is amazing! I could literally taste pumpkin loaf in my mouth just from smelling this tea. The label on the bag lists the ingredients as: Chinese black tea, caramel bits, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pumpkin candies, and natural flavouring. The pumpkin candies are bright orange, which looks great with the black tea, and made me think of Hallowe'en. Following the serving suggestion on the label, I added some milk and brown sugar, and this is downright yummy! I was expecting a bit more flavour, just because the aroma was so strong, but next time I might steep it for a bit longer and see how that turns out.

All in all, a good tea for those cold and dark autumn nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...