Sunday, November 20, 2011

Some teabag teas!

In the course of trying to use up the tea I have before buying more, I realized that I have quite a few types of teabag teas. Now, if I had to choose between loose tea and a teabag, I would choose the loose tea hands down. But, there are times when I'm feeling lazy, or I'm in a rush and I don't want to deal with the mess of loose tea. That's when I go for a teabag. Here are my thoughts on a few Tetley teas...

Tetley Rooibos Vanilla  is my first Rooibos in a teabag. It smells faintly spicy, but once steeped, it smells faintly like vanilla and Rooibos (you know, that burnt smell). Drinking it, there is very little flavour, but I can make out a hint of vanilla, and surprisingly, it does NOT have the burnt flavour I associate with Rooibos.

Tetley Naturally Decaffeinated Lychee Pear Green Tea is a nice, sweet-tasting green tea put out by Tetley. I assume the sweetness is from the lychee, and I can smell/taste the pear essence as well. This is a nice tea cold as well as hot, and it's refreshing. It also travels well in the stainless steel thermos.

Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla is a surprisingly nice tea, for a teabag. The overwhelming aroma is vanilla, which gives it a nice creamy flavour. I swear that I can't taste any bergamot in this, but it's listed on the ingredients list, so I guess it's there. I like this one if I'm in a rush and don't want to deal with cleaning the loose tea out of my tea maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...