Sunday, March 25, 2012

DavidsTea Apres Ski

Another part of the Winter Collection, Apres Ski is a deliciously light black tea.

ingredients
Organic: Fig pieces, black tea, burdock root, orange peel, Saigon cinnamon, calendula petals.

Hit the lodge
What’s the best thing about a day of skiing? Hanging out in the ski chalet. Being outside in the snow is fun and all, but nothing beats thawing out in front of the fire with some good company. We recommend you reward yourself with this rich, fruity black tea. With big pieces of fig, orange peel and cinnamon, it’s just begging for a little splash of brandy. Hey, it’s cold out. You may as well indulge. 
 
I wasn't sure about this when I read the ingredients (figs? Reminds me of my student days in Spain, eating honey and fig-flavoured pastries. Yuck!). Anyway, not being one to shy away from trying something different in the world of tea, I brewed up some Apres Ski and boy, was I surprised! It's very light, not needing anything added to it. It also travels well to work in my thermos, which is a big plus. I haven't tried adding brandy to it, like the website suggests, but it sounds like a good idea for a cold winter's night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...