Thursday, December 8, 2016

Day 8 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Day 8's tea is Ginger Pear, which is the first white tea of the calendar! I love white teas because of their light flavours - nothing heavy, nothing overpowering, just a hint of something, and a hint of caffeine. I've read that there are many health benefits to white tea but I haven't seen the actual scientific tests to prove those claims...so I'll just continue to drink tea because I enjoy it, ha ha!

This is my second tin so far that I had to break into with my box cutter because the lid was too tight to unscrew. Boo!

From the website:

Together forever

Some flavours are just made for each other. Pear and ginger are definitely two of them. The combo of sweet, delicate pear and warm, spicy ginger is more than the sum of its parts – especially in this perfectly balanced, organic white tea. With ginger, cinnamon, pear, apple and rosehips, it’s lightly spiced, lushly fruity and deliciously comforting. No wonder pear and ginger are so inseparable. They’re just so good together.
Best served: Hot Tea

Ingredients

Organic: Ginger, apple, cinnamon, white tea, pear, rosehip. With natural quince, pear, apple and cinnamon flavouring.

Overall impression: Now...I have a love/hate relationship with ginger. If it's in ginger cookies or gingerbread, I love it...anything else, not so much. With this tea, I can taste the pear, but then it gets crowded out by the ginger, which makes my mouth/tongue hot and tingly. For me, this is a sign that I'm taking in too much ginger for my palate. And the more I drink, the more I dislike it. Blech. I think DavidsTea should stick to just having this as a pear tea, forget the ginger.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...