Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 6 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Day 6's tea is Apple Cider. Right off the bat - THIS SMELLS AMAZING!!!!!! I seriously can't stop smelling it! This is an herbal tea, so no caffeine (will have to make some double Chai when I get to work). I'm wondering if maybe a splash of rum would make this a good nighttime drink, perfect for a winter's evening? I'll try it with the remainder of this sample.

From the website:

A winter classic

As soon as the snowflakes start to fall, all we can think about is curling up with a hot cup of old-fashioned apple cider – the fresh, unfiltered apple juice you can only seem to find when the cold weather sets in. And we captured the taste of our favourite seasonal drink in this apple-packed blend. With a sweet, clean apple taste and a hint of creaminess, it’s like a warm and comforting hug in a cup. The only thing missing is the cinnamon stick.

Ingredients

Apple, apple pomace (pomace, citric acid), sweet blackberry leaves, apple flavouring (artificial apple flavouring, concentrated apple juice), artificial vanilla and cream flavouring.

Overall impression:  This is pretty tart, but I love it! I hate anything that's too sweet, so this is perfect for me...almost like the flavour of a tart green apple candy. I'll report back on how it tastes with rum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...