Saturday, December 17, 2016

Day 17 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Getting closer to Christmas!! Today's tea is a black tea (yay!!), Chocolate Covered Almond. I'm so happy for another black tea.

From the website:

You’ll go nuts for it

Sweet, crunchy and totally addictive, chocolate almonds are a classic for a reason. Whether you want to satisfy a sweet tooth, need an afternoon pick-me-up or are looking for the perfect holiday treat to serve your guests, the answer is always an almond covered in a thick layer of chocolate. And this rich and nutty black tea is every bit as tasty. It’s got cocoa, carob and tons of yummy almond bits, plus an energizing shot of roasted yerba mate to add a warming toasted almond flavour. This little indulgence is so good, you won’t even realize you’ve gone back for seconds.

Ingredients

Cocoa nibs, roasted carob, black tea, almonds, yerba mate, sugar, natural and artificial chocolate and cream-almond flavouring.

Overall Impression:  Who doesn't love chocolate-covered almonds?!?! I'm surprised that the first ingredient listed is cocoa nibs - shouldn't the black tea be the main ingredient? And sugar...surely if people want sugar in their tea, they can put it in themselves? This has a really mild sweet flavour...I can almost taste the chocolate...but mostly I taste sugar (when you don't eat sugar for a long time, you  *really* notice it when you have it again). This tea is okay, but after drinking it, I feel like my mouth is coated with something (which I'm guessing is the sugar). Not something I would buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...