Thursday, December 22, 2016

Day 22 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Today's tea is a pu'erh,  English Toffee. Pu'erh isn't quite a black tea, because it has undergone secondary oxidization and fermentation, but it is still caffeinated (yay!). It has been drunk in China for centuries to help with digestion, which is why I always like to have some hanging out in my tea cupboard.

From the website:

How sweet it is

Need a toffee break? This rich and decadent, all-natural blend of pu’erh, cocoa beans and caramel is the perfect sweet treat. With its mouth-watering aromas of caramel and browned butter, even steeping it feels like a luxury. But with all the benefits of pu’erh – and next to no calories – this is one little indulgence you can feel great about drinking. Try it with hot frothed milk and a shot of coffee liqueur. It just doesn’t get sweeter than that.
Best served: Hot Tea / Tea Latte

Ingredients

Pu'erh tea, cocoa beans, cocoa husk, caramel (condensed milk , sugar, glucose syrup, butterfat, sorbitol, mono and diglycerides), natural flavouring.

Overall Impression: This has a really smooth, velvety smell. The ingredients in the caramel pieces have me concerned (sugar AND glucose syrup...sorbitol, mono- and diglycerides, eek). The flavour isn't strong at all, and I can't even really taste the tea itself (which is one of the reasons why I like drinking tea). I don't dislike it, and I would drink it if someone gave it to me, but I wouldn't go out and buy it myself.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...