Friday, December 2, 2016

Day 2 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Getting closer to Christmas! Today's tea is Jumpy Monkey which is a mate blend (caffeine, yes!!). No problems today opening the tin, but I'm sure that I'll come across more. I *think* I've tried this one before, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm definitely needing some caffeine this morning, as it's Friday and a 5-day work week - I'm tired! The dry tea looks nice with the coffee beans and smells great too. The steeped tea smells amazing - a hint of coffee, with some sweetness too. Note: I can't drink coffee. Sometimes I can handle a shot of espresso in a latte, but a regular cup of coffee I can't do - upset stomach and jitters, yuck. Tea is my caffeine go-to, but I still love the smell of coffee...

From the DavidsTea website:

Sweet energy

This brew gives you a tasty boost with a unique combination of exotic ingredients. It combines freshly roasted peaberry coffee beans with Argentine maté, and laces them with almonds, white chocolate and other roasted barks and roots. The result is sweet, rich and deliciously satisfying. Plus it’s a sweet treat you can enjoy guilt-free, as this blend has virtually no calories. No wonder they say maté makes you efficient.
Best served: Tea Latte

Ingredients

Roasted yerba mate, green yerba mate, white chocolate (sugar , cocoa butter, milk powder, butter oil, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), carob, baba budan coffee, green peaberry coffee, Brazil green coffee, Kenya green coffee, chicory, olive leaf, almonds, ar (somehow all of the pages get cut off in the midst of the ingredient list)

View Nutrition Facts
Allergens: almonds, milk, soy

 Overall impression: very smooth, a little sweet...but I would buy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...