Monday, December 19, 2016

Day 19 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Day 19, and we have a green tea, Sweet Almond Green. Confession time - I cannot STAND the smell of sweet almond (like sweet almond oil makes me want to jump out of my skin). I don't know where this aversion came from, or how long I've had it...all I know is that when I get a whiff of sweet almond, I want to hurl. Blech. But despite that, I'm still going to drink this and give you my honest opinion...

From the website:

Nutty and nice

Our favourite part of the holiday season? The treats, of course. And those little almond-scented cookies have an extra-special place in our hearts. Buttery and sweet, with the nutty crunch of an almond on top, they’re a dangerously delicious part of any festive cookie spread. But with a nutty kiss of almond and an organic base of green tea, this sweet and subtle tea is our guilt-free version of the classic treat. Because indulging yourself should have no strings attached.
Best served: Hot Tea

Ingredients

Organic: Green tea, almonds, marigold flowers, cornflower petals. With natural almond flavouring.

Overall Impression: Thumbs up on the ingredient list, nothing chemical or bad-for-you stands out (although, who knows what exactly is in "natural almond flavouring"). The flavour is pretty mild, not strongly almond-y, but the smell overwhelms me when I have the mug up to my mouth so I'm smelling it as I'm drinking it. Ugh. I will finish this 16-oz mug though, because it's caffeinated, ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...