Thursday, December 1, 2016

Day 1 - DavidsTea Advent Calendar

December 1st!!!! That means Day 1 of my advent calendar from DavidsTea. I haven't bought much from Davids in the last couple of years because more and more of their teas have added ingredients that I'm not a fan of, or that I don't think belong in tea (stevia added to green tea?!?! Why???). Having said that though, I'm a sucker for advertising and slick packaging, and I splurged and bought the advent calendar this year!





Day 1's tea is Snow Day

Baby, it’s cold outside

Got a blizzard on the way? Score! There’s no better excuse to cozy up inside with a great cup of tea. And this all natural chocolate-mint tisane is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly winter day. With peppermint, cacao nibs and dark chocolate drops, it’s sweet, creamy and oh-so comforting. The best part? Cute little snowflake-shaped sprinkles that add a touch of sweetness. Bring it on, winter!
Best served: Hot Tea

Ingredients

Peppermint leaves, cocoa beans, cocoa husk, chocolate drops (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, cocoa powder, sunflower lecithin), white chocolate pieces (sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, sunflower lecithin), sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, canol

My only issue was the tin...I couldn't get the lid off! This happened the last time I had the tea advent calendar, half of the tins I wasn't able to open. This time I tried using my handy lid opener (which still didn't work), so I resorted to my box cutter to cut out the plastic from the lid. Boo!



 Overall impression: this is really sweet, which isn't my thing any more. It leaves a nice minty aftertaste though, which reminds me of After 8 mints. It smells festive, and I like the look of the snowflakes in the dry tea, but it's not a tea that I will go out to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...