Monday, December 5, 2016

Day 5 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Day 5 is Coffee Cake and it smells divine! It's a black tea (black tea = caffeine, yay!) that smells like caramel! There was also a bonus gift for today - a coupon for $5 off my next purchase of $20 or more. Thank you, DavidsTea!




From the website:

Take the cake

There’s nothing more nostalgic than a classic coffee cake. Just picture it. That dense, yellow cake, dotted with fruit and topped with crumbled brown sugar. And this sweet, fragrant black tea blend is every bit as satisfying. It has all the aroma of a fresh baked coffee cake, plus an energy boost from rich black tea and a fruity hint of cherry and pineapple. Now getting that fresh-from-the-bakery taste is so simple, it’s a piece of cake.

Ingredients

Black tea, candied fruit (cranberries, sugar, cherry juice, citric acid, natural cherry flavour, elderberry juice, sunflower oil), pineapple (sugar cane, pineapples, citric acid), natural and artificial flavouring.


Overall impression: 
This has a very nice, smooth flavour. I don't add milk or sweetener to my black teas any more, but I think this would be fantastic with a bit of milk and sugar to bring out the flavour. I might have to do that the next time I go to my parents' house! I would definitely buy this tea again.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...