Saturday, December 3, 2016

Day 3 - DavidsTea Advent Calendar

Day 3 today, and my tea is  Genmaicha!!!! I love this tea! It's been a favourite of mine for a long time now. It consists of a Japanese green tea with toasted and popped rice (looks like tiny pieces of popcorn). I love the smell of it (that nutty rice smell) and I love the flavour too - no sweetness, and a hint of toastiness. 

From the DavidsTea website:

Watch out, it's addictive

 

Some people call Genmaicha “popcorn tea” because it contains whole roasted grains of brown rice, some of which have popped. Others call it the Rice Krispie of green teas. Either way, genmaicha was originally drunk by poor Japanese who used the rice as a filler because they couldn’t afford enough tea leaves. It soon became all the rage. Today, everyone is addicted to its sweet, roasted rice flavour. (MK Kosher).
Best served: Hot Tea

Ingredients

Steamed green tea from Japan, roasted and popped rice.

Tasting notes: Roasted, Sweet, Vegetal

Overall impression: LOVE IT!!! I should really have this in my cupboard as a staple, I love it that much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...