Friday, December 23, 2016

Day 23 - DavidsTea Advent calendar

Day 23 is a green tea - Kashmiri Chai. I love green teas, and I love chai, so I'm hoping this will be a good one.

From the website:

Kashmiri millionaires

If you’re looking for a lighter take on a traditional chai tea, this exotic green tea is for you. It’s inspired by the spiced teas of India’s Kashmir region, which often use a green tea base and lots of cardamom pods. Our version adds cinnamon, ginger and pretty marigold flowers to the mix, for a light and delicate chai you can sip on all day long. For an authentic touch, try brewing it with sugar and ground pistachios. Chai carumba!
Best served: Hot Tea

Ingredients

Organic : Green tea, cinnamon, cardamom seeds, ginger, cardamom husk, clove buds, marigold flowers.




Overall Impression: Finally a tea I can get behind for its lack of yucky ingredients! Smells very "chai" to me (yay!), but there's something bitter about the taste...I know I steeped it for too long, so that's the problem (got wrapped up in cleaning while it steeped, ha ha!). I've got enough left for another 16oz cup, so I'll make sure to steep it properly next time! This is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DavidsTea Advent Calendar Day 13

Day 13 is Ginger Turmeric Tonic (not listed on the website) which is a low-caffeine green tea. Ingredients: Ginger, genmaicha (green tea, ...